Welcome to my Elizabeth Starker Cameron Demonstration Forest blog!

Thank you for your interest in the Cameron Tract! My name is Joanie Schmidgall. I am a Master of Forestry student at Oregon State University. During my time at OSU, I will be helping to facilitate a revitalization of management activity on the Elizabeth Starker Cameron Demonstration Forest. I have created this blog to highlight the mission of the Cameron Tract as a demonstration forest showcasing innovative forestry practices aimed at small non-industrial forest owners. Please frequently check my blog for updates on management activity throughout the summer.



Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another work party!

We had so much fun last Saturday digging a trail from the 580 road down through the recently harvested pole sale that we're doing it again! About half of the 1600 foot trail is completed. If we can accomplish the same distance this weekend, the majority of grunt work will be done and only some easy touch-ups and finish work will remain. All of the details for the coming weekend are the same as listed on the flyer in the pervious post, but the date is this Saturday, October 12th at 9am. Please join us for a morning and afternoon of hardworking fun before the Beaver football game!

No comments:

Post a Comment