Welcome to my Elizabeth Starker Cameron Demonstration Forest blog!

Thank you for your interest in the Cameron Tract! My name is Joanie Schmidgall. I am a Master of Forestry student at Oregon State University. During my time at OSU, I will be helping to facilitate a revitalization of management activity on the Elizabeth Starker Cameron Demonstration Forest. I have created this blog to highlight the mission of the Cameron Tract as a demonstration forest showcasing innovative forestry practices aimed at small non-industrial forest owners. Please frequently check my blog for updates on management activity throughout the summer.



Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Update on the Cameron Tract work party!

Due to a low number of volunteers signed up last Saturday, the work party to build a trail on the Cameron Tract was unfortunately canceled. We're hoping this was simply due to bad weather and a Beaver home game rather than a lack of interest! Hopefully a nicer weather forecast for the coming Saturday will bring people in.  If you have any interest in volunteering for the College Forests and making a difference in your community, this is a great opportunity! Please RSVP to Doug or email me with questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment